Wednesday, September 17, 2008

0809uchoose drives traffic to Etisalat website

The launch of its innovative flagship promotion, 0809uchoose is driving online traffic at Etisalat’s website as Nigerians struggle to make their choice.

The 0809uchoose campaign is one of the Etisalat’s many innovative ways of reaching out to its teeming subscribers.

The package provides subscribers with an opportunity to personalize their own special numbers according to their personal preference.

Etisalat noted that with this move, it has just made mobile phone numbers more personal to phone users.

ITRealms Online gathered that for this particular promotion, the range of choice is set between 0809 9 900 000 and 0809 9 899 999. Subscribers who successfully reserve and redeem their numbers are also then guaranteed free air time every month for a lifetime.

According to Mr. Wael Ammar, “Etisalat is a service provider that recognizes the power of individuality and style hence we present them with the opportunity to live their lifestyle with their phone numbers. Selection of numbers is entirely a personal choice. Phone numbers can now be made up of special numbers that mean something to the subscriber such as birthdates, wedding or other important anniversary dates, favourite sports, etc”. It can also be a number that corresponds to the individual’s name, he said further.

He further explained that there is however a minimal percentage of the numbers (5 per cent) which are categorized as gold, silver or bronze that are redeemable at a minor cost. The other 95 per cent of numbers are free. The cost of gold numbers is N10, 000, silver numbers cost five thousand naira (N5, 000) while numbers that are categorized as bronze are valued at one thousand five hundred naira (N1,500). The costs of these numbers are due to be paid at the point of redemption.

Explaining the process of reserving a number via its website Mr. Ammar said that Etisalat has come into the market with sophisticated software that makes the customer’s interaction in the process of reserving numbers easy.

“All a customer needs to do is key in their current number, their location, their email address and the Etisalat number they wish to reserve into the system and the system immediately processes their request.

To reserve from a phone number, a potential subscriber needs to call 08098246673 (0809uchoose) and then follow the voice prompts for easy directions on how to reserve their number. The process usually takes less than 2 minutes to complete.

There is also an option for face to face contact as Etisalat road shows will be visiting various major cities in the country soon. The road shows will offer potential subscribers a golden opportunity for one-on-one contact with Etisalat personnel while reserving special 0809uchoose numbers.

In reserving their special numbers, subscribers need to be aware that there is a standard 0809 8 prefix for the numbers in the reservation range. They are however at liberty to select their own six-digit special numbers and add to the predetermined number – 08098.

Brand and Communications Director, Etisalat Nigeria, Mr. Yinka Akande also explained that customers who reserve special numbers in the 0809uchoose campaign will be able to pick up their numbers from special redemption centres addresses of which will be fully communicated via SMS and press adverts.


ITREALMS Online ... delivering news for ICT4D

No comments: