Monday, March 09, 2020

Sanusi II arrested, expelled to Nasarawa for life - ITREALMS

The ousted Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II, has been arrested and expelled to Nasarawa where he will spend the rest of his life, reports ITREALMS.

According to reports reaching 
ITREALMS newsroom, Sanusi arrested by security agents and was at the time of filing this report being led to his new home, which is about 525 kilometres from Kano and could take up to eight hours to get to his destination.

Equally, CKN News reports that Sanusi is on its way to Nasarawa.

ITREALMS recalls that the Kano State Government at special sitting of the State Executive Council dethroned Emir Muhammad Sanusi II after an drawn-out battle between Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and the Sanusi, reports ITREALMS.

Announcing this development, the Director-General, Media and Communications, Kano State Government, Malam Salihu Yakasai, revealed this to ITREALMS via his official Twitter handle @Dawisu, on Monday.

“The Kano State Executive Council has unanimously approved the dethronement of the Emir of Kamo Mallam Muhammad Sanusi II at a special sitting held today by the council,” he said.

Kano State House of Assembly had earlier in the day engaged in a free-for-all fight when Hamisu Ibrahim Chidari, Deputy Speaker and chairman of the Public Complaints and Petition Committee, raised observation over the ongoing investigation of petitions of the alleged violation of the culture, tradition and religious values by Emir Sanusi II.


Finally, Ganduje dethrones Emir of Kano, Sanusi II - ITREALMS

Trouble started when Chidari, in his attempt to make observation known to members, was instantly opposed by members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Assembly.

ITREALMS gathered that in the process, a heated debate ensued and resulted in fisticuff with the opposition members struggling to take control of the mace.

However, ITREALMS also gathered the mace was rescued by security men and the Sergeant of Arm attached to the Assembly, while the fight lasted for some 25 minutes before normalcy could return and the house immediately went on a 30-minute break.

*JOIN our alert's group | Share stories with us | Advert placement: WhatsApp | SMS: +2348033592762 *Twitter: @ITREALMS *Email:*

No comments: