" ITREALMS: StarTimes to boost capacity of 1,300 personnel nationwide

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

StarTimes to boost capacity of 1,300 personnel nationwide

The management of NTA – STAR TV Network Limited, the operators of StarTimes Nigeria, has concluded plans to boost the capacity of over 1,300 employees nationwide, reports ITRealms.
This the company told ITRealms I in its bid to foster professionalism and position its people to better compete with their counterparts globally, and pay TV industry in , Nigeria.
The latest policy,  ITRealms gathered covers 75 per cent of the cost of the proposed training in order to encourage all staff seek professional development locally or internationally.

Disclosing this to ITRealms, the Chief Operating Officer of the company, Mr Tunde Aina, in a press statement said, “Capacity building for staff must be top priority for any responsible organisation. We pride ourselves as one, with the interest of our entire workforce at heart hence the need to continually roll out friendly policies that seek to develop our people."

Startimes, he said is currently live in a fast paced world and to ensure that personnels are up to date with international developments and practices, a constant training and re-training is necessary. 
"This new policy will ensure that any staff who wishes to study for personal or professional development gets to do so without hindrance by the expenses" he assured.

StarTimes, he said, will bear upto 75 per cent of the total cost of such training, leaving just 25 per cent to be covered by the staff. 

"This policy is open to all staff, irrespective of grade, level or contract type and was the first policy introduced when the new CEO, Justin Zhang, a visionary leader who believes in the people took office earlier this year” he said.

StarTimes presently provides direct employment to over 1,300 staff and indirect jobs to over 3,000 Nigerians through dealer partners across 34 states in the country, making the company a major employer of labour in Nigeria in its over 7 years of operations.

Chucks Egbune/GEE
ITREALMS ... everything news digitally!

No comments:

Featured post @ITREALMS

NDSF@15: Ojo, Adebayo, Nnamani, Ekuwem, Nwannenna, Odusote join DigitalSENSE Hall of Fame - ITREALMS

ITREALMS ... making leadership SENSE with digital news! The Executive Director, Media Rights Agenda, Mr. Edetaen Ojo alongside the chairman,...