Vacancy for Online News Editor:
ITRealms Online ‘ITRealms’ is a member of DigitalSENSE Africa Media Group, a registered integrated company of information and communications technology analysts and media-based perception management experts founded since 2008 and also publishers of NaijaAgroNet and DigitalSENSE Business News.
The Online News Editor is to manage both the team and contents on our international award-winning ITRealms and contribute additionally to the sister titles and or initiatives by DigitalSENSE Africa Media Group; especially as it may concern improving, maintaining, growing and editing ITRealms Online as an outstanding platform of repute.
The Online News Editor alongside his/her team members must ensure that contents on ITRealms confirms with the house style guidelines with interest and understanding that Information Technology (IT) underlines every aspect of our lives and economies, thus not limited to events, news, raising awareness on over-all company projects.
- Leading the digital media team to explore, research, and cover events, products and products launches on/linked to Information and Communication Technologies for the benefit of mankind
- Generate and edit analytical content pages for ITRealms, and specifically the home page among others
- See to the publication and updating of ITRealms in accordance with the guidelines established to optimal satisfaction of end-user/audience/readers/visitors
- Assist in increasing online traffic to ITRealms contents and attracting the highest visibility buzz;
- Ensure integration of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) skills in line with global best practices across ITRealms, DigitalSENSE Africa Media Group and the digital and Internet eco-system.
Qualifications and skills:
- Must have both oral and written admirable communication skills in English;
- Must be knowledgeable about Web 2.0+, Internet technologies, eco-system, MS Word, Adobe Indesign, Coral Draw, Photoshop plus proficiency in typing and be a self-driven journalist/writer/editor with eyes for details,
- Must be analytical thinker and proficiency in Blogger CMS
- Must have social media accounts in less than (3) platforms, namely, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Must have degree in Journalism, Mass Communication with a flay for writing and editing other people’s work to ensure good output.
- Strong understanding of websites and Internet technologies, including good knowledge of WordPress CMS;
- Sound understanding of SEO and Internet user involvement;
- Knowledge of PhotoShop, Photo Manager and video editing tools;
- Ability to square up to deadlines
How to apply: Send your CV, Application and work sample to:
editor_ls [at] digitalsenseafrica.com.ng; cc: remnekkv [at]gmail.com
NB: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
wanted for immediate employment
Lead Correspondent is to assist Group Executive Editor in collation and management of Correspondents from across Nigeria and beyond for regular update of ITRealms, NaijaAgroNet and monthly offering - DigitalSENSE Business News.
Must be knowledgeable about Web 2.0+, MS Word, Adobe Indesign, Coral Draw, Photoshop plus proficiency in typing and be a self-driven journalist/writer with eyes for details, as well as analytical.
Must have degree in Journalism, Mass Communication with a flay for writing and editing other people’s work to ensure good output.
Send your CV, Application and work sample to: