Investigations by ITRealms, showed that President Muhammadu Buhari's budget presentation that in the some 14 key provisions, there is no mention of technology infrastructure as a major tool.
Buhari had listed his administrations 2017 key capital spending provisions to include:
Power, Works and Housing: N529 billion;
• Transportation: N262 billion;
• Special Intervention Programmes: N150 billion.
• Defence: N140 billion;
• Water Resources: N85 billion;
• Industry, Trade and Investment: N81 billion;
• Interior: N63 billion;
• Education N50 billion
• Universal Basic Education Commission: N92 billion
• Health: N51 billion
• Federal Capital Territory: N37 billion;
• Niger Delta Ministry: N33 billion; and
• Niger Delta Development Commission: N61 billion;
Specifically, Buhari said his administration has maintained substantially higher allocations for infrastructural projects which will have a multiplier effect on productivity, employment and also promote private sector investments into the country, yet ICT infrastructure was missing.