Zenith

Yudala

Featured post

Why MTN is supporting NCC Tennis League - Okugbo

ITREALMS : Leading mobile operator in the country, the MTN Nigeria Communications Limited , has opened up on why its solidly supporting...

Sunday, April 19, 2015

14 year old Nigerian killed in Xenophobic attack




Nigeria has continued to record casualties in the on-going Xenophobic attacks in South Africa, as the Federal Government has confirmed the killing of five citizens including a 14-year old Nigerian, reports ITRealms.


Officials of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed this to ITRealms saying that the government has received reports of xenophobic attacks in South Africa by South Africans, directed at migrants and migrant’s workers especially of African origin.


Also a press statement made available to ITRealms indicated that the violent began two weeks ago with locals attacking and looting properties owned by fellow Africans, including Nigerians.


“The attacks have led to the death of five people and displacement of over 2,000 among those killed was a fourteen year old,” our source told.


Although details of the 14-year old was still sketchy, it was equally gathered that the five persons reportedly killed so far were of the same family.


The officials equally said, the people and government of Nigeria stand in solidarity with the rest of the world to condemn these unprovoked attacks on fellow Africans who have left their countries to seek greener pastures and better livelihood for themselves.


The government of Nigeria, ITRealms gathered has reiterate its abhorrence of violence and also stand firm in its conviction that no cause could justify taking innocent lives.


The FG, therefore called on the government of South Africa to live up to its responsibilities and take all necessary steps to stop the ongoing xenophobic attacks and put in place policies and structures to prevent a re-occurrence.

Further news reaching ITRealms news desk alleged that some Africans with high-probability of Nigerians, were set ablaze even as they scamper for safety, while others were butchered with machete cuts as wells some being tied to a stake before burning them to death. 

+Remmy Nweke (ITRealms) @Xenophobic SA +South Africa
ITREALMS ... everything news digitally!

*Pictorial extract from some of the South African xenophobic attack.

No comments:

ICT4D Week 2018